Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home again, home again, rig-a-jig-jig

A photo of Lexy, my daughter Kate's dog. We're watching her while she and her husband go to Costa Rica...yes, ANOTHER VACATION! Some people have the life. Lexy had surgery to remove a cancerous nodule from her head. The vet thinks she got it all and we're hoping Lexy is going to be okay.


My backyard certainly is not the ocean. Before I lose the magic and awesome feeling of that vacation, we booked a house for next year and most of my sisters and adult children have committed to another two weeks next year.


The house is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house, almost 3000 sq.ft. and on the same beach; about 20 houses south. I wish I could've stayed for an additional week. When I'm older, I plan on moving to Florida. Oh, how absolutely wonderful. I'd sit on the beach with my book and forget to read for watching and listening to the waves. Calming, relaxing, recharging. Good for talking with God and actually hearing His voice.
I do look like a Puffer Fish, (not a frog yet) what with the prednisone. I'm down to 10 mg. a day and next week I'll only take half that - if the cough doesn't come back. I have a bit of a cough on the 10 mg., I just want to get back to normal.
August 21, 2010
1:11 p.m.
West Des Moines, IA








No comments:

Post a Comment