Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl and Supershorts

Couldn't stand it anymore and got up yesterday, found the dog's shaving kit, and buzzed my mangey head. Showered and scrubbed my head pretty hard (it does hurt, after all) and watched teeny, tiny shards of hair wash down the drain. Boy, underneath all the hair pre-buzz, I had some patches of mange going. Urgh. It's done. Now I truly look like a radiation victim. ARGHHHHH!!!!



The photo above is at the Superbowl party at Larry's - Lauren and Susie in her almost like my "real" hair wig. Let me tell you, wearing a wig is not sexy or even very comfortable. Maybe once my own hair stops hurting it won't be so bad. In two words: hot/itchy.

Had a great day yesterday; felt good, took a handful of anti-nausea pills so I wouldn't feel icky, and even managed to eat a sandwich and some apps so graciously provided by Lawrence Loffredo.



As you can see, I keep a pretty good hold on his throat! Love that man.

Lots of snow here again so will have to leave early for radiation this morning. (No, I'm not looking forward to it.) The char taste is still in my mouth every time the machine buzzes on, and a worse taste you couldn't ask for.

I'm starting to dread this week. Friday I have chemo (cisplatin) and then next week, all week, the etoposide with cisplatin on that following Friday. Then I think I'm finished with that 2nd round of chemo and no third round until sometime in March, and monthly thereafter for 2 or 3 rounds.

Monday, February 8, 2010
7:30 a.m.

4 comments:

  1. Mom,
    Pat and I both think you look gorgeous with your wig! Now when we tell you to stop flipping your lid, we will really mean it-hee hee!

    I am so glad that you will get a break from chemo after next week. Hopefully I can find a weekend or a few days to come out and visit you.

    Love you,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mama- Terry and I agree you still look just like you! I'm sure once you get used to the wig it won't feel so hot and itchy. It looks like Lauren and Larry are taking good care of you. Do your best to stay focused and positive and this will be behind you in no time. Just imagine yourself at the end of this all looking back and being healthy and well. I love you!!!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock that wig! I'm rocking a brown curly one, when I can stand it (you're right - hot and itchy - and a scalp that's sore and tingly - I call it "stingly"). Otherwise, I'm rocking a terry turban under a crocheted cap. I have over 100 hats now - I put out a crybaby email appeal when my hair came out and people started hanging bags of hats on my front doorknob! Be careful what you ask for. Good vibes to you on Friday - Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susie,
    You look gorgeous, as always...I would not have known this was your new "hair" if you would not have said it was. You look wonderful, great and sexy...and despite the past week of feeling under the weather, I hope you are feeling better and the week off of chemo and radiation is just what you needed. I know starting up again this week will be a downer...but try hard to keep the the positive thoughts, as it WILL get easier and easier as time goes. I am so glad to see you still have the sparkle in your eyes and that getting out and about for the super bowl did you good.
    Hang in there, you can do it...you are a strongand determined gal and I know you are going to be your ol' sassy self in no time. My thoughts are with you.
    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete