Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Life Moves Us Along...



Yipee! I'm a grandmother now so yes, I do have bragging rights! My first grandchild was born yesterday at 7:15 a.m. A whopping 7.14 and 20" long. Allison said she's a good baby, quiet. (I wouldn't bet on that lasting too long.)

Having cancer and trying to decide if I should do these last rounds of chemo (taxotere - scary side effects) I've lost my perspective a bit. Life seems to revolve around me and what I'm going through. When Arleigh was born (yesterday), I realized that life moves us right along and will continue to do so whether I am here or not. I plan on being here. I have to be a grandma who spoils her grandkids. I'll keep gum and lifesavers in my purse and always have decadent food for them to get sick on, and take them to all the fun places their folks are too tired for. I can't imagine not being here to watch my daughter become a wonderful mother. To see how she handles defiance and stubborness in her own child. Not that I would curse her with a child like she used to be to me. And I did promise her I would come over to her house and jump on her furniture and spit gum on her floor. (smile)

Love you, Allison and Terry; thank you for my beautiful granddaughter.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
2:30 p.m.

5 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY for Yertle's arrival! Congratulations Allie and Terry. I'm so excited to see her! You must be ready to finally be rid of your 32 pound belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT'S something to stick around for! Beautiful baby (doubt you'll EVER get sick of hearing that!) Susie, you remind me of when my brother got into mischief and was spanked by Mom - with tears in his eyes and a sniffle, he'd say to her - "When I'm big and YOU'RE little, I'm gonna spank you!" He couldn't understand why she laughed!!

    So now he regularly spanks her - HA!

    But - congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayayay!!! Anyone who reads the comments-please know that I am posting as Arleigh's favorite aunt (sure, she hasn't met me yet but once she does it will be love at first sight). Hee hee

    Make sure to make hot dog pizza and that will guarantee to make Arleigh sick! Eww

    Love you old granny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Grandma!

    Tell Allie and Terry we are thinking of them, I will drop them a line, too. And Arleigh is such a pretty name! I can't wait to meet her!

    Did I tell you we were in Jackson Hole, WY? It's our spring break, and we are trying to have some fun! Kids are fighting almost constantly, I wonder if it is too late to eat my young? We have decided that our vacations of the future will not include them (just kidding) - but we are seriously thinking that!!!!

    Hope spring has brought renewed hope, beautiful flowers, and no more snow and ice!

    wishing great thoughts and weight gain your way! I love you - Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susie,
    Now didn't I just post you the other day, saying you had happy moments coming your way any day now with the arrival of this precious new grand daughter! She is beautiful.
    Congratulations to Allison and Terry and mostly to you Susie. You will have many years to spoil this sweet child. Look out new mama and papa, Grandma Susie is going to do her best to spoil and teach Arleigh all the tricks in the book to keep you both on your toes.
    So happy to see she has made her grand entrance into the world.
    Congratulations to all of you!

    ♥This makes me "Great" Auntie Debbie♥

    ReplyDelete