Friday, July 30, 2010

Another day in Paradise


On his own, Scout doesn't stray too far from us. He gets up, goes in the water up to tummy; a big wave comes and he runs back under the umbrella. He actually went swimming yesterday in a pool of water where no waves were breaking. We saw about a dozen shark fins yesterday - from the kitchen window; we were making a meal. Needless to say, we were very careful in the water after that. There were about 10 fishing boats in the same area. Fish must've been schooling. Kate thought they may have been dolphins so looked them up on the i-net and yes, they were sharks!



Hope you don't think we're lazy. Aisling really wants to go into St. Augustine and see the sites and do the tourist thing. Me? Hand me a drink, a beach chair and an umbrella - give me the crash of the waves, sand and water, and I'll sit for hours with nothing but a goofy look on my face - relishing the water energy as I am RENEWED! This is all I wanted/planned to do - sit on the beach and be a bum. Soaking up as much of the sun and wave sounds as I can in this two weeks. Gee, I want to live here.

Some people in my life are missing from this vacation. Marie, Beth, and I should have invited my almost daughter Alice B. She was the cutest little thing - so quiet and shy, but boy, don't push her buttons - she could roar when she had to (and believe me, at our house she had occasion to roar much more than she did). Alice, I wish you were here. I have so many wonderful memories of you - love you, l'il girl.



The views from the deck are breathtaking. The sisters get in tonight. Yes, Mike, we've taken your advice and alerted the local law enforcement and EMS that the Standley girls are in town and have fire and ambulance service on alert.

4:53 a.m. Friday, July 30, 2010
Ponte Vedra Beach a/k/a Paradise, FL

1 comment:

  1. What a pity - looks like you've had lousy weather! I heard the wind-chill is 86 - I'm shivering just THINKING about it!

    OK, I've gotta ask - do you get to park close at the grocery stores with Scout? 'Cause that dog is TRULY retarded. Pics of him caked in snow and ice, pics of him coevered in sand, and always smiling. Retarded. But happy. So it's all good.

    Keep: tanning, swimming, eating, laughing - repeat!

    Love,

    MM

    ReplyDelete