Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vacation's all we ever wanted!!!!

What beautiful country we've been driving through. Sunshine, great highways, little traffic, except when we hit Atlanta, GA...stop and go for over an hour. My car got an adrenalen (sp?) rush when it almost hit the car in front of it (bad car! bad car!) and the outside temp went up to 122! Maybe my car is going through menopause? No, it was really that hot outside the car...all that traffic, generating all that heat on the asphalt/concrete. Whoa.

Our second day of travel, we drove all the way to Jacksonville. The drive has been very relaxing and fun. Lauren decided to feed Scout raisens (which the poor little guy chewed and chewed and chewed) and then, as Aisling was sleeping, he threw them up into her hand. We all laughed so hard...yes, even Aisling!

Scout IS in Dog Heaven. We were reloading the trunk yesterday and he wanted to get moving again and was so excited about getting back in the car, he jumped into the trunk and lay there waiting. His "spot" is half in the back, half in the front. We put a pillow from the back seat onto the front seat console and he lays his head on the pillow and watches between Lauren and me. He's a funny little thing. Hasn't barked once this whole trip. (He HAS whined. The big baby. He wants to be back on the road.)

We can't get into the house until 3 so will mosey around Jacksonville and go to the beach. Can hardly wait for the rest of my kids and my sisters to arrive! Two weeks!

Will post photos tonight when I unpack the camera and take shots of the beach and house. Love to all.

Oh, I do have radiation pneumonitis. (Back in April/May I thought I did, but the dr. didn't think so. Now she thinks so.) Have been on roids so I rarely sleep. I've only gained 1 1/2# - all in my cheeks! The cough is a little better, but at times it is discouraging. I feel 100% and then when the cough kicks in, 75%. I'll lick this - the cure is worse than the disease. (smile) Who cares? I'M ON VACATION!

July 24, 2010
7:23 a.m. - Ramada Inn, Jacksonville, FL

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all yall are having fun! FYI: (not to burst anyone's bubble) Grapes/rasins are very bad for dogs. Perhaps the reason Scout threw them up. hehehehe I found that out a few years back. So other than that, hope you guys enjoy the sunshine! Keep on keepn' on!!!! Love ya!
    ~Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...the long awaited vacation. The weather looks great. Keep those raisins away from Scout. We do not want big piles of grapes outside left by him as we exit our deck??? Have a wonderful week. I can not wait to join all of you!I have been so looking forward to this reunion with my nieces and sisters. (and Jonny and guest, watch out big guy...don't want you to get too much estrogen???)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete