Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Walking on the Beach



Kate mentioned earlier she had read that anticipation of vacation oftentimes is more fun than the vacation itself. I don't believe the person who spoke those words went to the beach with loved ones. There is nothing more invigorating than walking on the beach, looking for land sharks, while a 30# dog tries to take you waterskiing.

Aisling and I walked a ways south down the beach around 9 last night. The moon was gorgeous and orange. Scout must have marked his "territory" well as he knew, even in the dark, which house is ours. See? He's not ALL naughty dog; he honestly does have his uses.

I'm not sure what's gotten into him but he's taken to following me around again like a two-year-old toddler, crying if I go in or out without him.



The prednisone is still keeping me wakeful. Here I thought I'd sleep like a baby. Even lack of sleep can't spoil my enjoyment...more awake time to remember the sights, sounds, colors, and love of my kids (and sisters here soon!)





Good morning from the beach!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:25 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers, what fun! Slithering into the ocean water as the waves lap against you, sun trying it's best to burn you, but the water'll have none of it, and cools you down!

    Until later on in the day, when you glance in the mirror and realize that, if you had a small bowl of melted butter next to you, you'd look like this week's special at Red Lobster - HA!

    So continue to enjoy - sun, fun, company, food - it's all good! The road to recovery just got a little sweeter!

    Love,

    MM

    ReplyDelete