Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ponte Vedra Beach aka Margaritaville



I am so excited I can barely sit still! I have beach chairs, loungers, beach umbrellas, Scout's food, sand buckets, toys, treats, and retractible leash (just in case a big fish tries to eat him for dinner - we can REEL him back in). Anne Marie, Debbie, KD, Bev, and Stephanie will be arriving July 30th through August 5th.. (my sisters), and son Jon and Emily will also arrive at that time. Kate, Lauren, Ling, Scout and I are making this a road trip and are eagerly mapping out the most scenic route.

It has been so wonderful to have this vacation with loved ones to look forward to. Allie, Terry, and grandbaby girl Arleigh won't be able to make it - they will be packing up their home in beautiful Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and moving to Des Moines, IA. Terry got a promotion and will be working out of the Ankeny store (Home Depot). They will be here the first week of August. Tim and Kristy (Terry's folks) will be helping them make the move.

The only shadow has been the radiation pneumonitis. I thought I had it back in April and asked the dr. but she didn't think so at that time. Now, she thinks so. I have been on prednisone (great for the firm figure! not) and have been like a Mexican jumping bean...asleep at 1:30 and up at 4. By the third day of that routine, I'm out like a light at 9:30. Ah, the days of early to bed are long gone.
I've had so much energy, even with the stupid cough, that I've taken to walking Scout again at night. Without a hat!! My hair is about an inch long - dark, dark, dark, and believe it or not, that's not eyebrow pencil, but honest to goodness eyebrows and eyelashes. (My hair is so soft...Aisling and Lauren like to run their hands through it.) Blush - so do I. I was driving around in my car today with the windows open and could actually FEEL wind blowing through my hair. What a weird feeling. Something I always took for granted before. I could feel my hair moving. It's still Twiggy-short hair, but oh, it's real and it's mine!

Optimism is the rule for the next month! I feel on top of the world emotionally as well as physically (hair, beautiful hair...never gonna cut it).

July 20, 2010
9:31 pm

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited and just want to get there already! I'm looking forward to early morning breakfasts on the deck overlooking the ocean, lazy afternoons on the beach, and long dinners with the sound of the waves crashing behind us. Ahhhhhh....I'm so glad you set this up mom. I am going to be thanking you for years to come!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I won't be there. I can't stand it.
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al,

    it's amazing here. just book a ticket now and get here tomorrow.

    do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so beautiful and relaxing...have a wonderful week! See you on FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!Yippee!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete